Desmond J. Smail
+44 (0)1234 713 083
Contact

Feature car


1964 Aston Martin DB5 LHD   £POA

 

 This very original and rare left hand drive Aston Martin DB5 first left the factory in Newport Pagnell in February 1964 to be registered to its first owner Monsieur Haas, Rue De Provenance, Paris. Originally in beige trim, otherwise the specification was as you see it here with factory options of 3.77 P-Lok Rear Axle Ratio and Chrome Wheels. Monsieur Haas kept the car for some time before it came into the hands of Monsieur Maurice Teisserenc of La Palue, near the Atlantic coast in South west France. He acquired the car in 1978 and eventually parted with it in 1988 when it was taken on by Monsieur Olivier Paris, back in Paris, Rue Pelouze, coincidentally, a stone's throw from where it started its life! Olivier only kept the car for a short time as a guarantee issued by Garage Vaillant in January 1990 for 12 months shows. The numerous invoices and documents in the history file show that this guarantee would have been issued to a Monsieur Scali of Ave Montaigne, Paris. The next change of owner according to the file comes in 1997 when it becomes the property of Monsieur Dominique Bense from Ormeaux in North West France where it has remained until recently.

Original Left Hand Drive DB5's are very rare and this example is very original having a lovely patina of age. It comes with a comprehensive history file and original French DB5 Hand Book!